CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

1.21.2009

Mia's 3rd Birthday





Mia turned 3 this weekend. I know it is cliche, but I can't believe the time has gone by so fast. It was a bittersweet day for me. On one hand I rejoice for the life God has entrusted us with and I know each day to come I will only fall more and more in love with her, on the other hand I hold on to all the precious things of her childhood that I already see disappearing before my eyes. My baby girl is now just a girl.

We make birthdays a big deal at our house. So, Saturday night, Lilly came to our house to have a sleepover with Mia. We got home kind of late that evening so they played for about 10 minutes and then told Heath and me they were tired and wanted to go to bed. We tucked them both in Mia's bed, turned the off, and shut the door. We didn't here a peep out of them all night. Pretty smooth for their first sleepover. Sunday, we stayed home to clean and cook and get ready for the big par-tay. They played all day with out a single argument. And if any of you know Mia, or Lilly for that matter, you know this was a great achievement! They took a bath together, Got their hair beautiful and then played with hair accessories all afternoon.

Later that day, we invited all Mia's grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, and cousins over to come and celebrate with us. She was so happy. Her screams of excitement nearly broke the glass on the front door as her cousins all got here!

Gift unwrapping is always a little chaotic with the Laughlin kids.
High Anxiety. I had no idea what gift was from who. But they never seem to mind.
They just want to get everything opened so they can start playing.
She did love all her gifts. Lots of dolls and Darbies and dress up clothes. What more could a girl want?



Note to self: Never order black icing on cake ever again!

This was the after party. Mia and Haley dressed up and were dancing to some 80's music we found on Dish Network.

Thank you everyone who made this a special day for her!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

At what age do they stop being babies and become children?

Smileyface said...

What a beautiful 3 yr old! Happy Birthday pretty girl!

Brandijo said...

hAPPY bIRTHDAY TO miA!!

SLP said...

Happy Birthday Mia! Your "baby" reminds me of when my baby was wearing those fun dress up outfits! She still loves to dress up, but those "sets" are long gone. Hmmm...maybe my baby has grown into a young girl, too! My mom sure enjoyed her time in the "south":)

mjvan said...

Mia looks so grown up and pretty! Happy Birthday Mia! I miss slumber parties! :)