CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

4.24.2008

"Cuttin Peoples Hairs"

A few weeks ago there was a message @ church about doing as the occasion demands and looking for the Lord in the day to day things we do. So, since then, I have been trying to look past the obvious and wait for God's still-small voice. This week before I went to "cuttin peoples hairs" (as Mia likes to say), I quickly prayed that God would use me to touch somebody. I listened closely each day, which is really difficult when you have a hair dryer going nonstop. And, let me just say that, "Yes. People will tell their hair stylist just about anything!" It is easy to hear the obvious needs. But, when you really, truly, stop and listen to others when they speak, it is amazing. You can hear the heart. I did not give messages or fancy words. I just tried to be genuine and speak words that were heartfelt.
I don't know if I changed a life, but hopefully someone was encouraged.
Listen to the ones around you. From the depths of the heart , the mouth speaks.

0 comments: