CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

4.21.2008

Never Again

So, this week we worked on our yard. We have a huge oak tree in front that smothered the grass with acorns. Heath raked for hours, bagged the acorns, fertilized the lawn, and planted new seed. All for nothing. Between the birds and the rain, all the seed is gone! Our yard is a mess. The only beautiful thing about it is the Bradford Pear tree that just blossomed over the weekend. Yet, I have decided that it has an aroma exactly like the penguin exhibit at the zoo! Nasssss-ty. So, if anyone knows of one of those t.v. shows that comes and transforms your yard in a day, feel free to sign us up!
Saturday night, GAME NIGHT! I was loving me some KB's. All I can say is, "complete domination." Then, things started to get ugly. During what I thought was going to be a friendly game of giant spoons (a.k.a. giant kitchen utensils), Eric was throwing spoons and bending nails, Whitney was getting bumps and bruises all down her arms, Katie's eye was almost dislodged by flying spoons, Jeff and Heath were jumping over the table, and I was just sure that my blood pressure was on the rise from all the intensity. I thought I would have to go buy some screws to fix the table. Finally, we ended the night with Apples to Apples. @ 12:15 we called it a night. I can tell I am getting old, because it felt like 4:15.
Sunday came so soon. But, it was a lovely day.
Then, today, after we cleaned out our garage and shed, we went to Litchfield to go shroom hunting. All of the Laughlin's are outdoor fanatics. They hike, they mow, they swim in ponds.... Well, I try. I really do. But to no avail. With kids in tow, and Seth following close behind, Heath, Debbie, and I searched the world for mushrooms. I knew I was in trouble when Seth said, "Winsey, I have a bug on me and it won't come off." A tick. My skin started crawling. I could not get out of the wilderness fast enough. And, after all that, not a mushroom to show for it. Never Again. NJ

1 comments:

Chad and Alison said...

I know what you mean about trying to clean up your yard, we attempted to plant seed a few weeks ago, and I'm pretty sure it got washed away in a flood. Sorry we missed the game night, it sounds like it was great fun, probably a bit too wild for this kb :)