CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

9.29.2008

Cook With Your Kids

I saw a clip on the Today Show about cooking healthy with your kids. They said if a child is involved in preparing a meal or a snack, they will be more likely to eat it. So, in attempt to get Mia to eat some veggies, we made veggie soup this morning. I chopped the veggies, she put them in the pot. I thought that there was no way I was going to get her to try it.
Our soup cooked for 90 minutes. She could not wait to eat it. She ate an entire bowl!
I hope this works for future meals. It was a lot of fun cooking with my daughter. I just hope she loves to cook when she grows up, too!

6 comments:

Stephanie and Mark said...

This is a great idea! I'll have to keep that in mind! :-)

SLP said...

Anna loves to help too. Maybe I could use your "walking harness" as a leash for David during this stage of life:) It was great seeing you! For some unknown reason I didn't take any pictures of the bride and groom or the dresses, but check them out on Laura Strough's blog. She did a great job!

mjvan said...

Sounds fun! Kinley likes to stand on pop cases and "help" wash the dishes. :)

cressfamily said...

Yeah, this doesn't so much work with Cy. He loves to chop things up in our veggie chopper (trust me it's safe) but he won't eat them. But I am glad it worked for you.

Smileyface said...

hmmmm...very interesting.....i should try this with gabe, he's been getting harder and harder to eat his veggies.

Brandijo said...

I do this with Christian at lunch time, he likes to help make his sandwiches. He takes great pride in this and says "mmmm... this is good momma." I say, "yep and you made it." He smiles real big:)