CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

9.18.2008

What Should I Make for the Picnic?


Mia will not let me cut her bangs, although they are in desperate need.

Gotta love 'em!

Jack now officially has 4 teeth, going on 6 teeth.


Jack is pulling up to things now.



Holy Cow! I haven't made a post in a while. This was a crazy week. I am just so upset that September seems to be flying by.
So let's catch up. Umm, Can anyone say "HUNDRED DOLLA BILLS, Y'ALL?" Cause, my garage sale was killer! I sold a truck load, sent a truck load to Goodwill, and took a truckload to consignment. And, My garage is so clean. That is the wonderful thing about having a garage sale. The preparation just wipes me out. I still don't feel rested. But, at least I won't have to have another sale for a couple years though, because all of my stuff is gone!
Jack tried to take off in Jenny's walker. Yes, my kid was still in his PJ's in the late hours of the A.M.

And It was a blast, by the way, to have everyone over who helped out this weekend. The kids loved it, I think! We would love to have you all back again soon, and any one else who would want to come. (I think it would be great to have an apple and cheese tasting party!)
Then...We stayed in Litchfield over the weekend, hung out with the Fams. Crazy weather, huh? (Although, I know God answered my prayers, and yours, by the way, to keep the rain away for our sale!) I wish the water would have stayed in the ditches a little longer so Mia could play in it. I have such fun memories of that when I little.
Oh, and the new Fam, The Yenchlin's, or you might like to call them The Laughko's, went to the river and the orchard on Monday. It was a beautiful day to pick apples. I am apple crazy right now.
Katie loves her some apples, too!

We were the only ones there. I only wish that Mia was with us, she would have had a blast. But, she went with her Nana to the Zoo. Anyway, we ate at one of our favorite places on the river that has the most fantastic salad ever. We stopped in Alton on the way home for a little shopping. But Kate and I decided we needed to go to Fairview for a few more things, and let me just say that the boys were being just plain mean:) We talked them into it though;) Mister Bulky's was so worth it!
The boy's loved their treats!

Jeff bought some candy, too! Don't worry, it's candy! Flashback to the 80's.


OK, what else?
UMM.... Work.
And Work.
And I have piles of laundry to take care of.
I should not be blogging, my house is so neglected. Seriously!

Question: What is everyone taking to the big picnic this weekend? I hate taking something that someone else has already brought. That always happens to me somehow!

3 comments:

Stephanie and Mark said...

You know, I have to say that I went the easy route on the picnic... Brownies and Vegetables. So, yes, there will probably be some repeats on that! What about that taco dip where it is layered...then bring some chips for it and something else? I need to give you a quick call today or tomorrow, so I'll talk with you VERY soon :-)

Jody said...

I think I am going to bring a vegetable noodle casserole and cupcakes. I never know until the last minute though. I am in for the cheese/apple party.

Jenny said...

Add us to the cheese/apple party. I'll bring some bread too. Is the cheese going to be dippin' cheese? Like at the Melting Pot? Um... church picni... pretzle salad and finger jello! I think that Jack really wanted to buy my walker! Poor kid, now he has to wait to cruise the sidewalk until he can actually walk!