CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

9.28.2008

My Favorite Place in the Whole World


"We're going to the city, gonna see a lot of buildings!"


My birthday present from my wonderful husband was a weekend in Chicago.
It is such a wonderful place. I love the architecture, the food, the shopping, the night lights, pretty much everything about it. I always thought I would live there someday, but I am satisfied with visits now and then. We stayed at the Avenue, which was right off the Magnifecient Mile. It was really nice, and our room was upgraded to a corner suite when we arrived!


Aunt Janie and Uncle Joda (Kara and Kenzie, too) kept the kids for a couple days. So it was so great to just be a couple for the night. It was the first time I have left Jack all night with someone, but we were told that he was wonderful!


This was from the top floor of The Avenue. There was a pool with an open sky and a nice view of the Lake and City.


Too bad we forgot to pack our swimsuits!



We ate dinner at the Grand Luxe Cafe. Yummy, yummy in my tummy!
We just walked and walked. I felt like we needed to run from place to place so that we could see as many things as we could. Next time we have to stay longer.



From Navy Pier.


Back at the Crabtree's, Anna and Mia had a blast on the tramp.

A Brown Moment!

Mia told the girl's that she wanted to make her mommy a pink birthday cake, so that's what they worked on Saturday morning.

Saturday night we were all eating popcorn on the couch. Mia popped a piece in her mouth, laid her head on my knee, and was instantly lights out.


Thank you, Heath, for a wonderful gift. I loved every moment.

Thank you, Crabtree's, for loving our kids. Mia had an amazing time with you and made some memories she will not soon forget. (Jack hasn't complained, so I am sure he had a good time, too!) Now, it will be a countdown at our house until we get to come again at Thanksgiving! Love you all!

7 comments:

Heath and Lindsey said...

Sorry I put up so many pics of Heath and myself!

Stephanie and Mark said...

I love all of your new pictures!! It looks like you guys had a great weekend in Chicago! We were there too, but in the suburbs - Mark had his 10 year class reunion. A visit to the city would be so fun!!

Jenny said...

I love to see pics of what people are up to! We are glad you had such a great b-day present! And I have o clue how Tug out grew the peanut allergy. We have started slowly giving him things made on machines with peanuts. I still carry his epi pen!

mjvan said...

sounds like fun! I'm a bit jealous. I'm trying to plan a getaway for Chris and I for our anniversary. I don't think he wants to go to the city though.

Smileyface said...

looks like lotsa fun! jase and i love to go to chicago too...we have our 4 year anniversary coming up and his bday, so debating about where to take him.

ps. you 2 are so cute together ;)

Brandijo said...

I think it's so cute when I see a mother talking "grown-up" and slip and say a phrase that you and your children share. Yummy, yummy in my tummy!! This is a very well known phrase in our house also, and I find myself talking or using phrases like a two/three year old a lot. Don't take offense to this, it's cute!!:)

Brandijo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.