CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

5.08.2008

Let ther be joy!


I love high heels. I love the way they make my little legs feel a mile long. So feminine. So classic. I would probably wear them everyday if I could. But the fact of the matter is, I just can't. In fact, lately, I can't wear them ever! This is no laughing matter. I have been wearing $2 flip-flops from ON just about everyday for the past 3 years. How am I supposed to feel stylish in those. Come on now!
Here is my problem, it all started when I was prego w/ Mia. When I would go for walks I would get this unbearable, shocking pain in my left foot. Occasionally, I would get this "clicking" in between my toes. It just kept getting worse and worse. Anyway, to make a long story short, due to pregnancies and nursing I have not been able to be consistent w/ meds, but I have tried Alieve, Advil, Tylenol, shoe inserts, arch supports, expensive tennis shoes... nothing gave relief. When I was prego w/ Jack I begged and begged Dr. Johnson to give me a cortisone shot. Not a chance. He finally broke down when Jack was a month old, but it still didn't help. So, my last resort has been to go to the Orthopedic Surgeon. He concluded, as many others had assumed, that I had a Morton's Neuroma. An enlarged nerve commonly found between the 3rd and 4th toes. "Bad Luck," he told me. I will have to have surgery to remove it, but never fear, he told me there will be high heels in my future! Hallelujah!

1 comments:

mjvan said...

Sounds painful! When are you planning this surgery? I can't quite understand the high heel thing. I think they look good on women but I don't walk very graceful when I try to wear them. :)