CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

5.31.2008

Yummy

I love to cook. It is a great passion of mine. I am always buying new cookbooks and trying stuff out. Most of the time though, I just start throwing things together and pray they taste good. I love it when food appeals to all my senses, taste, smell, sight.... It makes it so much more enjoyable to eat. So, the other day, as I was giving Jack some baby food from a jar, I thought to myself, this is so nasty. It smelled bad, it was bland, and it was the color of poo. So, I went to the store, bought fresh fruits and veggies , and went to town with my steamer and food processor. I was up until 1 o'clock in the morning. I ended up with a rainbow of culinary delicacies! What child would not like these? From top to bottom: Beets w/ bananas and apricots (surprisingly tasty), the "classic" sweet potatoes, Broccoli with Parmesan cheese, spinach and zucchini w/ chicken broth, spiced apples w/ blueberries, and butternut squash with a dab of brown sugar and cinnamon. Yum! Then, I just bagged them in small portions and stuck them in the freezer. (They will be wonderful to sneak in my families meals, too.) I hope jack enjoys them as much as I enjoyed preparing them.
Proverbs 31.15 She also rises while it is yet night, and provides food for her household...

6 comments:

Jenny said...

You are soooooo good to your baby. My pour little Sam just gets the jars. Maybe I'll add a little cinnamon in honor of you next time I open some squash!

mjvan said...

Wow! I've never seen baby food that looked appetizing! :) What a good mama!

Smileyface said...

where did you get yer ideas for your combos?

Jody said...

I loved the beets, yummy. I tagged you, go to my blog.

cressfamily said...

oh oops...I see Jody tagged you already well now you are tagged twice. Sorry.

mjvan said...

Hey I tagged you too! :)