CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

5.27.2008

What's new with us...


Heath: Well, like I said, Heath is now done with two years of school. The only downfall is, now he gets to spend almost every waking moment studying for Boards, June17. God give us GRACE!
What else? My Uncle Cubby and his wife had their first baby, Maddox. (Mia thinks his name is Maggots!) He was 9 lbs. 20 in., and he makes my boy look like an albino! So cute, that dark skin and hair! And his voice is so sweet, like a little bird in distress.

Mia: Big girl potty time!!! Yea. I won't call it potty training, because we haven't really been "training" her. She just woke up with a dry diaper one day and decided she was ready. So besides a few accidents over the weekend, she has been doing very well. Mia has also developed a fondness of dresses. Each day I try to put anything but a dress on her is a screaming battle. So, needless to say, every time I am out and about, I pick up a dress for my little lady. If Mia ain't happy, nobody happy! Also, we have begun some behavior modification. Mia has been a thumb-sucker since birth. It has always been adorable. She usually holds Quack's tag by her nose in one hand, and twirls her soft, baby-fine hair with the other. I have always loved it. However, lately the twirling turned to twisting, and the twisting has led to getting her fingers caught in her hair, and her hair falling out. It is just so sad because she has the cutest little hairstyle with a huge thin patch on one side.
So, shout out to Matthew Laughlin, we now tape a glove to her left hand. The first night we taped both hands, so that she couldn't suck her thumb, but Heath and I were too heart-broken from the hours of tears. One day, she can blame Jo-Jo for giving us this idea!

Jack: My boy turned into an all out thumb sucker. I just don't know how I feel about this since we now have a half bald child, but it is cute. And, he will not take a bink anymore. He is just changing so fast. He now eats some food. He did not like rice cereal so I found him some Muesli with apples by Beech Nut, He Loves It! He also likes whole peas, mashed potatoes and gravy, and ice cream from Coldstone! You see, it has become a family tradition to go eat ice cream every Monday night, in downtown Spfld. We can't just leave Jackson out. My sweet Baby Boy.

Me: I have been pulling lots weeds and holding my kids whenever I can. Time just goes by too fast. So my housework has gone by the wayside. I just can't stand it anymore, so that's my goal today, CLEAN HOUSE! We'll see if it actually gets done. LATER!

2 comments:

Brandijo said...

You have such a handsome family!!

SLP said...

Your little ones are ADORABLE! I remember when Heath twirled his hair and had a bald spot on top of his head:) Like father--like daughter. Good luck with the mittens! We still have not broken the thumb sucking with Anna. It is really WAY over due! Love you guys!