CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

5.14.2008

My Day


I went to see my Dad today. This is huge. I have not seen him in several years. Let's just say it has always been one of those "on again, off again" things. And, some of you may or may not know, but I can be very stubborn and hard nosed about stuff and can hold a grudge for a long time. God works on me all the time. That being said, I came to the point where I decided I would rather know him a little than not know him at all.
I went with Jessie, and we both took our kids. We had a great time. He lives in the country and has several animals. Chickens roaming around everywhere. Mia got to sit on a horse and see a hen laying on her eggs. The girls tromped through the flowerbeds, playing with an antique water pump. Mia can't wait to go back to see the baby chics.
Anyway, I still believe that God is the God of Restoration. I have been praying a long time. It may not come in the way I imagined or in my timing, but that's another story! No great miracles happened today , but at the end of the day, I am blessed to know him.
I hope this isn't weird. Rather, I just want to encourage you to hold on to the hope that God has given you, for whatever it may be. He is so faithful.

2 comments:

mjvan said...

Good for you Lindsey! I'm sure that was a big step for you, and I'm sure that he was blessed as well to know you and the little ones.

Brandijo said...

That is very Awesome!! I know the feeling, have the same issues with my father. I hope it wasn't as ackward as anticipated!