CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

6.13.2008

Summertime



We went swimming at my friend Amanda's house yesterday. It was a gorgeous day, and they just had their pool repainted last fall so the water looked nice and blue and so refreshing. It was Jack's first experience in a pool. He just sat their and floated around. And he looked so handsome in his little trunks. Also yesterday I realized how big my baby girl is getting. I finished putting on her sunscreen and before I knew it she was in the water. She stayed on the steps for about ten minutes and then she just took off. She was swimming all over the pool, ALL BY HER BIG GIRL SELF, (And her frog jacket of course!) I couldn't believe it. Then she proceeded to go off the diving board. I was so proud of her. As for me, I was just hoping to get a little tan through the SPF 30 that I caked all over me. I am freakish about sunscreen. I wear it everyday of the year. I just don't want spots and wrinkles all over in ten years. Yet, although I am completely fine with my vanilla skin most of the year, when I start to show a little leg in the summer I would prefer to be a nice toasted coconut color! Well, I did get a little color, but my back (where I could not reach) is the color of a red ripe strawberry! Ouch!
Please pray for my guy this week. He has his board test on Tuesday, June 17, and he has been putting in so many hours of studying. Pray for wisdom, grace, and that he would just have peace that passes all understanding! Isaiah 26.3 You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Heath will do good and we'll help pray that the Lord will help him remember everything he needs for his boards.
Mia and Jackson are sooooo cute!! I bet they had a good time swimming.
By the way you have gorgeous skin!! I wish I was blessed w/ your skin.