CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

6.21.2008

Hey Ya'll


Well, so much has happened in the last few days. Heath took his boards on Tuesday and said he felt really good about it. Thank you, everyone who was praying for him. He now has a couple weeks off to enjoy the summer.

Wednesday, I went under the knife. It was a weird feeling going into it and knowing that I was going to be knocked out. I wasn't really fearful, but every time I would think about the "possibilities," I would well up with tears. But, I arrived at the hospital and I had such peace. I don't really remember much, except when I asked the Dr., as he was bandaging me up, if this was the first time he had done this operation. His answer was yes! Which is fine, I had total confidence in him, but can you believe I had the nerve to say that to someone who just fixed my foot. If my head wasn't so foggy, and if my foot wasn't wrapped up to the size of a butternut squash, I would probably have shoved it in my mouth! Anyway, I feel great, not a lot of pain, just hating those crutches. Anxious to walk on a good foot again.

That night we played KB's til 1:30 am. Stupid. Next day, Heath and his Mom took turns pushing me around in a wheelchair at the St. Louis Zoo. It was Awesome. I am going to rent a wheelchair every time I go to the zoo! It was a beautiful day, and we got Safari passes, so we did lots of fun things we don't usually do there... Sea Lion show, Wild ride, Children's zoo, Carousel, train..... Loved it.

UPDATE: The other day we went to Target to buy a gift for My brother. I rode on an electric scooter. Yes. I did feel like a nerd. Yes. It was so embarrassing when I would back up and the scooter would BEEP, BEEP, BEEP. Yes. I ran into a ton of stuff. Yes. I definitely will be doing that again sometime in the next three weeks!


5 comments:

mjvan said...

Hope you recover quickly! Glad to hear everything went well for you and Heath!

Jenny said...

I just love to read your blog! I have the biggest smile on my face thinking about classic Lindsey riding in a wheelchair and scooter! Priceless!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that your doing well and I couldn't help but laugh when you said that you had ran into stuff. I bet you looked cute driving around in the scooter!!
I'm sure Heath did really well on his boards!!

Brandijo said...

The scooter is priceless! I could imagine that it would be hard to control the thing right off the bat. Don't worry your not the only person that runs into things. I can't mow the lawn without bumping into something when I back up. But, I can't help to crack up at myself. I hope you had a blast with that.

SLP said...

Just the other day I was so tired and needed Walmart musts. I really thought about the moderized cart! It would have been funny to see you buzzing around! Get better soon! Enjoy this time with Heath being free! Sally