CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

10.09.2008

Family Time

Oh Dear! We are going camping this weekend. NJ! Most of you know how I feel about camping. I said after my last camping trip, almost three years ago, that I didn't want to camp again for a very very long time. But, no hiking on this trip :), Thank You, Jesus! Almost my entire family is going, though, so it should be a good time. It has been several years since we were all together, and I am actually really looking forward to it.
We are going to Pine Lakes Campground. Only about an hour away. Between 25 of us, there will be an RV, a pop-up, an cabin, and a tent. The campground has several Fall festivities planned for the little ones, including pumpkin painting and a costume night. I can't wait. I will take lots of pictures to post next week!
Man, it is a lot of work gathering and packing all the things we need for the weekend. And the weather has been hot during the day and freezing at night, so I feel like I am taking a gazillion clothes for the kids and myself. And packing food and snacks and drinks.... We are going to need a bus to get all of our stuff there!
So, wish us luck. This will be an adventure. It will be just the kids and me tomorrow night since Heath is on call. I am a little nervous about this. Pray the kids stay asleep all night, so that we don't keep the entire campground awake! (My kids cry loud!)
I hope you all have nice weekend!

5 comments:

mjvan said...

I'll be thinking of you Lindsey! Brave MaMa. Kinley really enjoyed his first camping trip . . . I do hope the kids sleep well for you! :)

SLP said...

Good luck...Take lots of pictures!

Jenny said...

They will be so tired from the fresh air and festivities, sleep will be welcome!

Smileyface said...

Hava great time! And yes...brave mama you are...we love to camp but have decided not to do it until ALL the kids are older than 1 when going ;)

I did get LOTSA sleep last night, went to bed at 9 and i haven't done that for maybe 4 years?!?!?! And figured out Ellie is teething again so i got out the good ol lavendar oil again and she slept allllllll night!!! yahoo!

SLP said...

How was it? Can't wait to hear about camping!