CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

10.14.2008

Pine Lakes Camping Trip 2008


Jack did really well camping. He fell asleep in some one's arm's beside the campfire every night.

It was crazy how many different dress up outfits all the kids wore. At least two a day.


This is my cousins' Mark and Annette's 4 year old, Mallory. Most of the costumes were hers. Mia and Mallory became great buds on this trip.


Punkin Patch. They just had small pumpkins placed all over the ground and every child got to pick her pumpkin.


Rough and Tough.


Holy Cow! More outfits. Maddox, Bryor, Nick, Mia, Haley, and Jackson!


Mia does not like being hounded by paparazzi!


Wow! We had so much snuggle time this weekend. I ate it up. It really does not happen that often anymore! It's like our baby girl is not a baby at all anymore. So, this trip I really loved all the extra cuddling, even if she was sucking her thumb and twisting her hair! (That goes for Heath, too!)


MOO!

Our camper site was right on the water. It was sooo gorgeous. The leaves were changing, too. That's my favorite. It was so peaceful there.


Here's Heath showing off his prized catch of the day!

Tristan 1, Jackson 9 1/2 months, and Maddox 5 1/2 months. The boys all loved playing together and the pack and play was so nice to have. Jack kept eating leaves and throwing then up so he had to be pinned up or in the stroller if he wasn't being held.We had to keep a close eye on little Tristan, he had an infatuation with biting. (Mia took one on the cheek. She was very responsive, but took it pretty graciously over all. She also fell off the picnic table one night and bruised the other cheek.)
Auntie Paula. She, Aunt Jenny and I all shared a deep love for toasted marshmallows. MMMM!


Mia and Mallory , again.


Irony: My daughter loves make up, dresses, and high heels.
My daughter loves tadpoles, minnows, caterpillars, locusts, and fish!
I never knew this.


Uh, yeah she played with worms.


Heath really impressed us all with his mad fishing skills!


Hermie. Mia's new pet. Within two hours after we found him, he was cocooned inside of a small leaf she placed inside his bug house.

Pondering something profound, I'm sure.


Campsite. We spent most days like this, just talking and watching people play games and the kids going down the slide on the playground that was right next to us.


Here is Heath trying to get Jackson to take a nap.


Notice who fell asleep.


Jack loved him some Dum-Dums. We ate so much on this trip. Pretty much all day. Loved it!


Mia and Mallory fishing.


Mia and Haley had matching outfits like this that they wore all over the place.


Mia just crashed out after the long days of playing and candy!


Jack and Nana.


That's us!


Us again!


What a wonderful time. So many memories to look back on! Yeah, the bathrooms were a ways away, I didn't have a lot of privacy, and my kids have never been so dirty in all their lives, but I can't wait to go back. Can you believe that?

5 comments:

Smileyface said...

Love the pictures!!! Especially love the one of all of you with both kids' thumbs in the mouth ;) too cute!

Jenny said...

Yeah, the pics were great! I think that next year I would like to go too! And about Katie's flowers, I think that I should relandscape the front of my house. I'll save my money and you and Kaite can spend it on easy plants to make my casa beautiful! And I will pay you in cookies.

Stephanie and Mark said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!! I look up to you for camping! :-) Thanks again for fitting me in for my mop - it looks sooo much better now that I can finally call it my hair again! :-) Talk with you soon!

mjvan said...

Love the pictures. It sounds like you all had fun! :)

Jill said...

Lindsey, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to reply to my blog and the great advice that you shared with me. Afer I had read your reply, Zach and I were sitting down together talking, I was confiding in him about the work situation, and the kids were playing... Addisyn comes to me and says, "Mommy, you no go to work tomorrow??" (Your not going to work tomorrow?) I said Yeah baby I am, she replys "no you not, you have to stay with me and Ryder to play" I was actually really shocked at how soon it seemed that my problem was resolved... She obviously did not know what was going on and what I had been contemplating in my mind... How could she?? And now days later she has been super clingly to me. Well now that the neon lights are flashing right in front of me, I still feel as if my decision is not yet made. Anyways, as a stylist yourself, that is awsome that you had built your clientele so quickly!!! I dont't know how your salon works, I am boothrenting at mine. That is partly the other reason why I am having trouble deciding on what to do. How else am I going to build a clientele if I am only there this day and that day ya know? Financially is another aspect that I have to look at, although yes I have been making some money, I feel that potentially I could and should be making more for all the time I am putting into this...I guess thats how it all has to start though. I feel though with booth renting eventually I will have more of the flexibility in the long run. Oh I just dont know and I feel like I'm just rambling to you and maybe I'm just thinking way to deep into all of this and just need to wait it out for a while... lol (sorry)

You have been a stylist for a lot longer then me and maybe you have a different outlook on the things that I have been saying.... Thanks so much for listening to me, I really appreciate it!!