CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

10.29.2008

What do you call a "Stay @ Home Mom" who doesn't stay at home?




We played outside again today. It was really nice out. Jack was eating dirt, while Mia found a nest of ladybugs that she was letting crawl all over her. Hmmm! Was anyone else's yard over taken by ladybugs today?
Not a whole lot going on up in this neck of the woods. A good week, so far, just doing the same routine, with small variations, over and over, and we haven't even left the house (except this morning we went to the last Farmers Market downtown.) Just been doing lots of laundry and dishes, and getting the kids fed, and dressed and playing, and snacks and milk, and putting the milk away, and feeding them lunch, getting them redressed, and put down for naps, getting them up, giving them snacks, and cleaning up snacks, wiping noses and bottoms and dressing them yet again, making dinner, cleaning up dinner, giving baths, brushing teeth, finding Waldo, and yada yada yada. Not a complaint or un-contentment. Just a re-run of my day. It can be very exhausting. We all know the routine. But we love it. We are Moms, that's what we do. Wouldn't trade it for anything.
But, do you ever just hear Target calling your name? I don't know about all of you, but I need to get out of the house almost daily. I would say that, maybe, one day a week we don't leave the house at all, if that. I don't even care what we do, even if it is just going to the grocery store . And it's not that I have to be buying stuff. It just helps break up the day. Fieldtrips, if you will. I think the kids must enjoy it, too. If you ask Mia what she wants to do in the morning, she will usually tell me, "shopping!"
So, yeah, this cold weather has us all couped up, in a cold house, no less! (Today was beautiful, tough!) I'm feeling a fieldtrip coming on! We need places to go, people to see, things to do. We need ideas. Cheap ideas. Free ideas are best!

4 comments:

Smileyface said...

this sounds very familiar ;)

how far do you guys live from your families?

do you guys go to living stones church too?

Jenny said...

My first thought when I read your title was "Lindsey Laughlin"! (all in fun) Tomorrow my friend Val and I are going to Lincoln Memorial Gardens (trails by the lake). That is right by you! I'll let you know if it is good. You should call the Museum down town and see if they have free sessions for children. I think they use to. We like crafts here at the Schwab house. And walks. We live for walks. But you know me, I could stay home all week!

Brandijo said...

I just took Christian to the Library for the first time Wednesday and he had a pretty good time! But, I hear you about the daily routine and getting all couped up in the house. I get so bored, I have to get out of the house too. Hopefully this winter won't make it so we are stuck in the house the whole time.

cressfamily said...

I love to be out of the house. I start to feel a little depressed when I have been stuck at home too long. It is then that I know I need to take the kids on a "field trip." That's what I call them too! We have a magic house membership and a membership to the transportation museum (thanks to my mom) so that helps us and since it is a membership I'm not concerned with the cost for the day. But Stl is a little far for you and I am not aware of any springfield kids museums. To go along with Brandi's comment...I know that barnes and noble offers story time once a week. I never took Cy or Will but had wanted to before.