CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

10.27.2008

Mornings @ the Laughlin House

Mia has been very opinionated about her clothing lately. Here's how it usually pans out. First words of the day, after she throws open my bedroom door, are, "Where's my Dad? Hosbital? Oh." Moving on, "I want clothes, Mom." I say, "Go pick some clothes out." (I don't care what she wears around the house, and I like her to be able to express her own style and creativity. It's usually a Tu-tu and clippity shoes and nothing else!) "NOOOO! Help me, Mom." "I really think you need to take a bath first, and we can't take a bath until after breakfast." RESPONSE:, "NOOOOO! I want clothes." OK. Not worth a battle first thing in the morning. So, I stumble into her room, help her take off her PJ's, and pick out some warm, comfy clothing. "NOOOOO! I want dresses." "SHHHH! Your brother's sleeping. We don't have any warm dresses, Mia. Our house is always freezing." "I want skirts and pants (tights)." "OK." "NOOOO! Not that one." And this is usaully the time when I say, "That's enough, pick out your own clothes, then, and put them on! I need to go make coffee!" This is sometimes followed by high volume sounds coming from her room. Then followed by the noise of a crying baby boy. WOW, what a glorious sound in the morning!
So, anyway, last night Mia insisted on wearing PJ's that were shorts and short-sleeved. When she got up today, she must have been really cold, because she said, "I want WARM clothes, Mom." I said, "Go get some warm clothes from your drawers, Babe." She does. Mysterious!

This is what she came out wearing.


I guess she had a cold head!

Now we are watching Elf. How appropriate. I have such a silly girl.

4 comments:

SLP said...

Ahhh...this sounds soooooo familiar. I finally bought one of those organizers that have pockets that hang from the closet bar (do you know what I mean?). Now, Anna and I fill the pockets with different outfits and in the mornings she can pick which one she wants to wear. We still have howling every so often...usually over the fact that "she has nothing to wear!" We just can't wait for those teen years!

Stephanie and Mark said...

Oh gosh! This has to be hilarious to see...if I was only a fly on the wall! haha! :-)

Jenny said...

I love when Tug wants to dress himself. Most of the time he ends up running around in underware and a tee.

Smileyface said...

she looks so old with no bangs anymore! why does gabe have to act this way too? i thought only girls acted crazy about what to wear...

but oh no...we have this drama too, i can't imagine what lil miss ellie will do.