CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

7.11.2008

Inked

When was the first time you ever colored your hair. I remember the first time I did mine. I was in 6th grade. My cousin was over for the night and we found an "at home highlighting kit" (never a good idea). I put it all over my head. When we went to rinse it out, I had read it as"Wash out as shampoo," instead of "wash with shampoo." So I rinsed it and went to bed in the wee hours of the night with brassy hair. I woke the next morning to my Mom calling my name. She had found the box that I had forgot to throw away (Like I was going to be hiding anything.) When I looked in the mirror, my hair was next to white, Shout out to Katie Yenchko! She was so mad. Because I didn't shampoo it, and I probably didn't rinse well either, it just continued to process through the night. I loved it though. And that began my relationship with color. I have only been all natural one time since then (senior year for about a month). It has always been just hair to me . So, why not experiment?
Well, Mia got introduced to hair color today. She now has a pretty violet streak in her hair. She was so "Happy Excited," (as she likes to say). She loves it. Now, I know you are all probably thinking, " Why would someone let their 2 year old do that?" But it's just hair, and it washes out. So, I am so glad to have a girly girl. I can tell we are going to have so much fun together in life!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I once saw a t-shirt that said chemically dependant! And now to this day I think of Kaite when I think of that phrase. I will now add you to that thought!

Jody said...

I think we all would like to see several pictures of you with all of the different hair colors that you have had. Pull out the old photo albums girl.

Smileyface said...

i second jody's thought....would love to see all the colors!!!