CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

7.23.2008

Move Over Key Lime Pie, There's a New Love in My Life

A, Hi. My name is Lindsey Laughlin. I'm addicted to cupcakes.
No, Seriously! About two weeks ago I stumbled upon these decadent treats at the Apple Barn in Chatham, (my favorite store in the state of Illinois!) I went back the very next day and bought every single one they had. And since that day, I have had too many of them to count. I want the recipe so bad. The thought crossed my mind that I would buy them for Mia's Birthday Party next year, but they close for the winter, Schucks!
Anyway, if you have never been to the Apple Barn, you should. It is so with the trip. They have fresh fruits and veggies, awesome plants, a fudge bar, a bakery, and tons of specialty sauces and food items. Apple Cider slushies, UMM! During apple harvest, or whatever it's called, they have the most wonderful varieties of apples. Some that I have never heard of before. But you have to get there fast, because they sell'um just as fast as they pick'um.
Oh, how I would love to have a place like that of my own.
Apple Barn
2290 E Walnut
Chatham, IL 62629

4 comments:

Jody said...

What kind of cupcake is it? What kind of icing? It looks really good.

cressfamily said...

When I worked at Chatham I would visit The Apple Barn quite often. I agree that it is a great place. Their cider is great but I really love their candy apples.

Heath and Lindsey said...

THis is a firm choc. cake wuth a whipped icing

Jenny said...

Katie just bought me a jumbo muffin tin (because I didn't kill her flowers while she was sunning and shopping in Branson). I am looking for new recipes. I found a few online, but Katie and I have talked about the Apple Barn ones, I will go there, soon! I think that place is so cute!