CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

7.22.2008

Schticky Fairy Strikes Again, Part Deux

Where do I begin?
If you have not read my most recent post, please do.
And let me also just say that blogging has changed my life, and Mia's. When I come upon a situation like the "schticky fairy," I no longer am susceptible to disciplining out of anger. Instead, I think, "this is going to make such a great post on my blog!" By the time I take some pictures, I have usually cooled off, and all that is left to do is laugh at the situation at hand. It is so hard to have your child take you seriously as you are chuckling while giving them a serious talking to.
OK. So after we ate lunch, Mia requested to watch Ratatouille. I knew that I wanted the kids to take naps so that I could have some time to myself and so I could write a blog for today. I don't like to do this while my kids are awake. So, I put Jack down, put in a movie for Mia in our bedroom, and came out to the couch, turned on the Food Network, and began to blog. She came out of the room a few times. I told her that it was time to take a nap. I put her back on the bed and shut the door behind me. Silence. AHHH! I was able to do everything I wanted and even squeeze in a little nap. About 45 minutes later, I hear the bedroom door open. "That was a short nap," I thought to myself. A minute later, no Mia. She didn't come out to snuggle with me as she usually does. Danger! Danger! Something has taken place that I probably don't want to deal with. "Did she pee on my bed?, Did empty my underwear drawer out again?" Suddenly, my wondering was over. As I made my way down the cool dark hallway, out pops an Oompa-Loompa. My oxygen supply had strangely vanished. Sweat immediately forms on my forehead. "OMG-(gosh) I left my makeup bag alone in the same room as my sweet little 2 1/2 year old girl!" What a sight. All I can say is, ( and only those who have read The Shack will get the humor in this,) I saw Fractals. Beautiful arrays of color and glitter and texture and sparkle.
I thought about it for a second, and then I just began to choke on my laughter. So, don't worry. No children were hurt in the making of this blog.

P.S. This makeover came complete with some Tea Tree Shaping Cream in her hair, courtesy of HL.

P.S. 2 I Love Mia so much.













3 comments:

mjvan said...

Did you teach her to do her makeup that way? :)

Jenny said...

How lovely Mia looks! Good call on the fractals, I see them too!

Smileyface said...

wow, let me get this straight....you didn't get angry at all and she didn't' get in troule either?!?!?!
i would have to say she is pretty stinkin' cute and did a great job!