CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

8.06.2008

Vanilla Wafers



I still have been having a hard time getting Jack to take any form of milk. So, what I have found is, if I get him up to feed him before I go to bed, he eats great. He usually doesn't even open his eyes. Well, last night I fed him and he was wide awake. So, I took him in his room and just stood and cradled him in my arms. He smiled at me for minutes and slowly began to shut his eyes for long periods of time. Then he'd open them again, smile and nod off. I just cried and cried. I want to cry right now just thinking about it. And to top it off, his breath smelled so sweet, like vanilla wafers! Oh, how I just long for moments like that. I wish they came more often. What a gift. My soul is so blessed.

1 comments:

Smileyface said...

"And these are the moments that I'll remember all my life...I found all I've waited for...and I could not ask for more."
Makes me think of this song...isn't being a mama the greatest thing ever....I was just doing the same thing you were tonite rockin' lil Ellie to sleep...these days go so fast.